Northern Trailer is located in Ringle, Wisconsin, the hub of Central Wisconsin Manufacturing.
We actively recruit welders and are looking to add a second shift. Fill out application and submit directely to Northern!
Our first shift runs from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm Monday through Friday
|Pay:||$17.00 Per Hour Minimum, Based on Experience|
|Duration/Usual Hours Per Week:||Full-Time, 40 Hours Per Week Minimum|
|Shift/Work Days:||First Shift.|
Minimum Requirements of Employer:
|Education:||High School Diploma---Any Additonal Training is a Plus but not required |
|Professional Licenses / Certifications:||No Licenses or Certifications Requested|
|Experience / Qualifications:||Use tape measure. Good welding skills. Follow directions. Be able to work on your own or with a partner. Good hand and eye coordination. Must be able to perform all physical requirements of the job (bending, reaching, standing, etc).|
Welding of Aluminum and Stainless Steel a plus
Duties and Responsibilities of Welders at Northern
|Candidate will do Steel Welding.|
Will be able to fabricate parts, or will learn how to fabricate.
Will have shop experience.
• Chip or grind off excess weld, slag, or spatter, using hand scrapers or power chippers, portable grinders, or arc-cutting equipment.
• Clamp, hold, tack-weld, heat-bend, grind or bolt component parts to obtain required configurations and positions for welding.
• Connect and turn regulator valves to activate and adjust gas flow and pressure so that desired flames are obtained.
• Ignite torches or start power supplies and strike arcs by touching electrodes to metals being welded, completing electrical circuits.
• Operate safety equipment and use safe work habits.
• Prepare all material surfaces to be welded, ensuring that there is no loose or thick scale, slag, rust, moisture, grease, or other foreign matter.
• Recognize, set up, and operate hand and power tools common to the welding trade, such as shielded metal arc and gas metal arc welding equipment.
• Remove rough spots from work pieces, using portable grinders, hand files, or scrapers.
• Weld components in flat, vertical, or overhead positions.
• Weld separately or in combination, using aluminum, stainless steel, cast iron, and other alloys.
• Clean or degrease parts, using wire brushes, portable grinders, or chemical baths.
• Detect faulty operation of equipment or defective materials and notify supervisors.